Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Today's Adventures


Pavement -1 Teri -0

This afternoon as Teri and I were racing to get to the police dept. before they closed, she lost the contest with the uneven pavement. She was down for the count! She tweeked her glasses, scraped her face, her hand and her knee. Ouch! She is fine. She is just bruised and battered. Foarte atractiva. (Very attractive).Needless to say....we didn't make it to the police dept. Oh well....there is tomorrow. I felt/feel so bad for Teri.

This morning Teri and I met up with Mr. Mocanu to get the papers legalized. The one paper was a Declaratie for the adoption. It declares that I will assume full responsibility for the boys. We had to go to two different notaries for this. Happily, I was able to do it without a translator. Yea!
They made me read out loud and of course asked me several questions. While my reading was a bit slow and not too impressive,they could tell that I understood what the paper said and I was able to understand them and carry on a conversation. Far from perfect, but certainly improving.

Afterwards, Teri and I went to the DPC to turn in the Declaratie. Liana, Alina and Luminita(not my neighbor) were all there. It was really nice. They are so friendly now and are doing all they can to help me. They speak in an combination of Romanian and English. Luminita translates when I don't understand. I speak in Romanian when I can and resort back to English when I don't have the words to get my point across. It works out fine. So different from when I used to go there.

Today, I found out that I MIGHT NOT get the boys for the weekend. The director is apprehensive about me having them overnight. The DPC is responsible for them and she is leery until the court gives me permission. The DPC ladies disagree with her. They believe I need to start having the boys now. So we shall see. I will know for sure on Friday morning. Either way it doesn't slow down the process (Hmmm...can it really be slower? I don't care to find out!)
So if I don't get to have the boys overnight, I would be able to take them for the day, but they would sleep at their own homes. This is until the court says yes and I have the 90 day placement.
Please pray for this situation. Maria Nitulescu is the Director of Sector 2. She is the one that makes this decision. I really do want to get the boys with me.

We are home now and Teri is resting up from here battle with the pavement. Since she thawed some hamburger... with her face...I thought we would have burgers with Mac-n-cheese for dinner tonight. Yum. Thanks Teri!

We will go back to the DPC tomorrow with Cristian's and Nicolae's foster moms at 10 am.The ladies from the DPC will discuss about the medical exams and more about what is to come. Cristian and Nicolae will be there too. Yeah, I will get to see both of them together. I hope it goes well.
Love,
Debbie
Please pray too that we can get the medical exams for the boys done very quickly. The longer it takes, the longer I have to wait to file the papers to adopt.


No comments: