Thursday, February 7, 2008

Karen's Court Date and My Meeting with the DPC

Karen's trial went amazingly well. She doesn't know the exact answer yet, but her lawyer was 99% sure it was going to be a positive answer.

She said there were three lawyers. One lady was "semi-interested, the other lady could care less and the guy was yawning. So it started off really bad. In fact, the Braila DPC lawyer came up to her lawyer before things started and told them that he was instructed by Braila DPC to be tough on Karen and make things difficult for her today. (Attack her for not being able to speak Romanian etc. ) Amazingly, he ended up saying nothing at all.

Her attorney spoke very well of Karen and refuted every argument they had against her. Even the prosecuting attorney even spoke on Karen's behalf by the end of the meeting. He stated how she had met all the requirements and had dealt with everything that had been thrown at her. His recommendation was that they award Karen the right to adopt Beti.

Karen said by the end of the meeting all three judges were sitting on the edge of their seats, listening intently. Praise God. They posted their decision today at 2 pm, but her lawyer couldn't get there this afternoon. She will find out tomorrow.

Thanks for all of you who have been praying for Karen and Beti. I will let you know as soon as I find out

My meeting went well too. Teri and I met with the foster mom's at the DPC. Cristian wasn't there, only Nicolae.

I was in the other room when they(Nicolae and the foster moms) showed up. Miss "Used to ignore me lady...Alina", was showing me pictures of her baby and just talking up a storm with me in
English.
When I went back out to the waiting room I realized that the moms had shown up and were in the other room. I went in right away. Nicolae came right up to me and then turned and introduced me to one the the ladies. He told her that I was Mama Debbie, his mom. It was very cute. She asked him if I spoke Romanian. He told her that I could speak a little bit of Romanian. He also told her that he spoke English.

She then proceeded to ask him what he knew in English. The first thing she asked him was how to say Te iubesc in English. Immediately he responded, "I love you very much!" Then he winked at me. So darling.

Anyway, we (The foster mom's, the boys and I) will go to get the medical reports done on Monday. Yay. The DPC just told the moms this is where you will go and this is when you will go. The DPC also explained the situation about me having the boys on the weekend and that we will know tomorrow whether or not the boys will stay the night with me. But, if not, I will come and get the boys in the morning and keep them until the evening on Sat. and on Sun. We will all know tomorrow what is happening.

Afterwards Teri and I went with Carmen and Nicolae back to their apt. We spend about 2 1/2 hrs. there. I took some adorable videos and the three of us put the Scooby Doo puzzle together. It is very easy for Nicolae to put this puzzle together now. He kept giving us pieces and telling us where to put them. Cute.

Tomorrow Teri and I are hoping to go to Mary's apt. She and her husband Adi live upstairs from Karen. We are supposed to make sarmale. Then we will go and visit with Cristian. Tomorrow night we are planning to go to the Hard Rock Cafe that just opened up. And sometime during all of this I will hear from the DPC about whether or not the boys will get to stay with me on Sat. night.

Love you,
Debbie

No comments: