Friday, February 1, 2008

I am legally a foster mom!

Today Teri and I were busy. We met with Mr. Mocanu first thing this morning to apply for another police report. I need it in order to be able to adopt. They expire every 3 months. Then Teri and I hiked on over to DPC 2 to check in and see how things were/are going. Sylvia was the only one there. Even so, I was able to sign and receive my Atestat. Which means...I have foster care mom status now. Official documents and all! I called Mr. Moncau after that to set up a meeting on Monday with the DPC. We will all meet to together and find out exactly what the next steps will be. I should be able to get the boys darn quick. Keep those prayers coming.
Teri and I then hoofed our way back the apt. to eat lunch and get some gifts ready for the boys. We had about 45 minutes at home and then headed over to Cristian's house. It was nice seeing Cristian again. He is a dink in comparison to Nicolae. Teri and I were only able to stay about 1 1/2 hrs. because we had plans to see Nicolae today too . Even though Cristian's visit was short, it was nice. It seemed like forever since I had seen him. Ani asked us to please stay longer on our next visit. Ummmmm...OK! A no brainer for sure. So sweet though.

We then made our way to Nicolae's house via public transportation and lots of walking. It was great to see him again too. We hung out in the house for a while and then we went to the park. Teri and Nicolae spent time getting to know each other on the swings. It was cute when he called her name. He was saying Teri, but it sounded like Keri. We spent about 4 hrs with Nicolae. S

Around 8 pm. we headed back to the apt. We were on the go for 12+ hours today. A bit exhausting. Especially since we are still feeling the effects of jet lag, being just a bit out of shape oh and the obvious broken collar bone and rib. Even so...it was a great day.
We just got done eating some spaghetti for dinner and Teri is resting her weary body on the couch. Tomorrow will be a get up"whenever" kind of morning. Teri is good to go with that.
FYI...On Monday we will go to the DPC again. We get to see Cristian again on Monday too. We scheduled to see Nicolae again on Wednesday. Hey...who knows? By the end of the week the boys could be staying with me. It seems fast, but it isn't totally unrealistic.
So please keep those prayers coming.
Love,
Debbie

No comments: