Monday, February 11, 2008

Our First Weekend Together

Hi Everyone,
I wish I could say that the first weekend with the boys was amazing and everything I hoped it would be, but that wouldn't quite be the truth. Reality is... it was more difficult than I had wanted it to be. It was hard!
I have to remember though that there were a lot of new things for both of the boys. Being together all day, being with me,being in a new apt, having new rules....having RULES...and then throw in the language barrier on top of that. It was a lot to take on. Thankfully....I mean PRAISE GOD ...Teri was here with me.


My Hero




Nicolae and Cristian certainly tested their boundaries. Thank you Super Nanny. Each time they crossed the boundaries they were put in the "chair" and couldn't talk or get up for 5 minutes. Then they had to apologize. They both had plenty of moments in the "chair".

Chair- an actual chair or just a space on the floor.

The best part was that they actually stayed where I asked them and didn't question it. THANKFULLY. I was certainly sending up Praises for this.

Although it was hard, there a lot of positives to this weekend too. Nicolae and Cristian got to spend time with each other which is something they have never done before. They both stayed the whole weekend and didn't cry to go home either...a huge thing to overcome. I was also able to understand them and they were able to understand me. So all in all it was a good start to becoming a well behaved happy family.

More positives...Sunday was definitely better than Saturday.....a noticeable improvement for sure. We actually got to a place where we could do a fun project together. It was really quite enjoyable and the boys could see that good behavior had its benefits. We painted flower pots for their foster moms.
Oh and....
Nicolae even asked if he could call me Mommy instead of Mama Debbie. It was one of the first things he shared to his foster family when we took him home.

Both Nicolae and Cristian were anxious to share about their weekend and were asking what we were going to do together next time. I guess overall... it went fairly well.

Today, Monday, Teri and I left early this morning to meet with the boys and their foster moms at the hospital. The boys have to get full physicals done for the adoption.

While we were there, Nicolae was telling both the moms what happens when he or Cristian misbehaves at my house. He told them all about it . He also told them that first he was in the chair, then Cristian, then him again, then Cristian AND he told them how you can't move or talk or anything! It certainly left an impression on him!
Today at the hospital, they played together in the waiting room at the hospital and even managed to sit in the same seat without fighting or arguing. They actually were able to play nicely together. Yay!

Afterwards all five of us went to the park to play. Again, the boys did well So...there is hope.




Teri and I are home now and plan to watch Project Runway....and RELAX!
Please keep praying.
Love,
Debbie

No comments: