Friday, November 2, 2007

Monday's Meeting with the DPC!

Monday at 1:30 is my first meeting with Liana, the social work, from the DPC. This is the first of six meetings that I have scheduled with her. We will be meeting at my apartment and I'd have to say that I am a bit nervous.

Liana will be the one, basically, who deteremines if I am fit to be a foster mom and if I will be able to eventually adopt. I don't really have a "read" on her yet. Everyone else at the DPC, I feel, is supportive of me. I have no idea with Liana. God fill her with compassion.

I have a translator coming on Monday too. Please pray that she would be somebody I feel comfortable with and that she can convey not only my words to Liana, but my passion as well.

Please pray too that I would, "say the right things" and that Liana would see my heart. That she would see the love I have for Nicolae and Cristian and see all that I have to offer them.(Unconditional love, a family, stability, consistency, self-esteem, education, a home(figuratively and literally speaking)...all the things that come with being a mom.

Thanks for your prayers!
I will let you know how it goes.
Love,
Debbie

No comments: