Thursday, October 18, 2007

I am here!

I got here last night. It was a loooonnnnngggggg flight. I had two 4 hour layovers. zzzzzzz.

Sara picked me up and I got to eat dinner at her house. Afterwards she drove me to my apt. where I eagerly began setting up my computer.

Zap!@##&**!!

I needed to switch the power supply...USA vs. European. However, I couldn't see it very well. So I went to switch the lamp on. However, the lamp is plugged into the same power strip as the computer. No problem, turn on the power strip, right? NOT! Duh my computer, the very same computer I just carried back to Romania, the very same computer that was still set to U.S. settings...yeah well...no longer working. I had it plugged in to the power strip. I had no idea it would matter. I mean I hadn't turned on the computer yet. well it mattered. I blew out the power supply immediately. It was all I could do not to cry. Waaaahaaa. Nas pa....It sucks.

So I went over to Luminita's house and emailed home. Hopefully Alison, who is coming in less than a week, will be able to bring a new power supply to me.

Oh and I called Radu, my lawyer. Well of course he can't meet with me until sometime on Friday. I asked him about my Romanian Residency card, but yet again...of course...he hadn't even checked to see if it was in. It gets old real quick...This followed by crashing computer...bleck!

Today, Thursday, I went to the Office of Foreigners to pick up my Romanian Residency card by myself. Yay it was in. The picture is not attractive, but oh well. It is good for 5 years. I also went to the DPC. They gave me a list of need to completes for my atestat...adoptive mother. At least I have a list! I hope to get it done this next week. God willing. Hopefully, Radu will meet tomorrow and we can start getting things done.

Oh...and I STILL can't see the boys...officially. Which means, I can only see Nicolae when his foster mom wants to let me and I can't see Cristian at all ....YET. Now they say I have to wait until I get my atestat completed. "Just a bit longer. Two months" It never seems to end. grrr.

Anway, I am using Karen's computer right now and hopefully, my computer will be up and running again soon.


I am here, I am safe and doing my best to get things accomplished in this country called Romania.

Love,
Debbie

No comments: