Saturday, March 8, 2008

Mother's Day in Romania

Today was Mother's day in Romania. I got these flowers from Nicolae and his family...with the vase. So adorable. It is setting on top of my dinky refrigerator with some fave pics of the boys.
Very sweet.


We spent some time today at a new park. Nicolae and Cristian loved the slide. They were both very well behaved for pretty much the whole the day . What a huge difference from the last time.


They loved their new little tables. Each one has their name on it. They really have no idea what their names look like. They tell their tables apart by the color. But at least they are being exposed to their names and have pointed and tried to read their names several times. It is a beginning anyway.



We talked with Bev and Mai....Teri and Jack via skype tonight. Bev could tell it was going much better than the first time too.

Another huge difference this time was that Nicolae and Cristian were actually able to take a bath together and it went very well. Toys and all.


Unfortunately, this evening, Nicolae has some meltdowns and well bedtime?Hmmmm... let's just say I will be glad when we are able to do this much more successfully. Oh well. It isn't where I want things to be as of yet, but it is a huge improvement.
Hey...thanks again Super Nanny and Bev. It took several times, but not talking and just putting them back in bed together worked. They talked forever and called to me probably 20 times, but I just ignored them. They finally just stayed in bed and eventually fell asleep. It is 12:20 in the wee hours of the morning, but I am thrilled that they actually fell asleep together.This is a very first for both of them. A definite success!
And...the fact it is just me by myself... I would have to count this day as pretty darn successful day.
Noapte Buna...I am exhausted.
Love,
Debbie

No comments: