Sunday, March 23, 2008

I am a mom!

I am a mom!I am a mom!I am a mom!I am a mom!I am a mom!I am a mom!
I was hoping to get Cristian and Nicolae earlier today, but both foster moms begged and pleaded for me not to take them until later on this afternoon.
So instead...Bev, Ann and I went to church this morning. Afterwards we went to Karen and Beti's house and ate homemade pizza.
After that, we headed to Cristian's house. We got there around 3 :45. We stay about 1:30 minutes. Cristian's foster mom, Ani, was having a difficult time saying goodbye. It was so hard . We all cried. Everyone except Cristi. He was like hey let's go! We are going to get to ride the train...right? He was all excited. I don't really think he totally understands, but hey I was happy that is was so excited to come with us.
He was and has been so wonderful all afternoon/evening. So adorable and so well behaved.

We dropped Cristian's things at my apartment and then headed to Nicolae's house. We stayed there about 1 1/2 hrs. as well. Nicolae started off good, but maybe 10 minutes into our walk back to "our" house, he started being mean to Cristi. Making mean comments. When I asked him to apologize he wouldn't. No problem. I just said, "Well I guess Cristian will be taking a bath by himself then and you will go straight to bed." He said he was fine with that . I simply said, "o.k." and continued walking. It took maybe 3 seconds before he started apologizing to Cristian. Mama Debbie 1 Nicolae 0

Well, it wasn't but maybe a few minutes after this that Nicolae "lost it" again. And this time he hit Cristi. Just being a dork.
I ask him again to apologize and of course he didn't want to, but as we continued walking as before(without me saying anything more) Nicolae apologized.
He so thought that this was enough and that he had "won". Well he was singing a whole different tune when we got home. Cristi and I were ahead of Bev, Ann and Nicolae. When they walked in Cristi was already getting ready for his bath. Nicolae was in for a rude awakening when he realized he wasn't getting to take one too. He was actually in shock for a moment. Then when I walked him into the bedroom and said that it was time for him to put his p.j.s on, he realized that what I said is what I meant. He had a crying meltdown and stayed in the bedroom for a while. By the time he "got over himself" Cristian, Bev, Ann and I were on the couch all reading a book together.
We invited Nicolae to join us, but he would need to get his pajamas on first. Again another meltdown. I calmly walked back into the room and shut the door.
He eventually came out again ready to put his pjs on and joined us. Here is the picture of all of us together.
Unfortunately Nicolae didn't last long before he had another melt down. He still couldn't get over the fact that he didn't get to take a bath.
So off to bed he went without Cristian.

Cristian is sleeping in the hallway by the kitchen. Nicolae is sleeping in the bedroom by himself. They were both asleep shortly after 10, which is an hour before they normally go to bed and about 2 hrs earlier than they fell asleep the last time they were here. Ding...Ding ...another round...and I am still ahead.

I have to say it has been a wonderful day, afternoon and evening.

Cristian was amazingly wonderful and Nicolae is figuring out how things are going to be.
Overall, I am thrilled. I am a mom with two very special little boys.
Praise God for these two wonderful blessings. Praise God too for Bev and Ann. They are two more blessings that have certainly helped today go so well.
Love,
Debbie

1 comment:

Stephanie Rohloff said...

Congratulations! What a blessed day! What a blessing your two beautiful boys are!!!

I can only imagine what you must be feeling, because I imagine that day just about every minute of my life...when my husband and I are able to legally and officially be Mom and Dad!

I just happened on to your blog today as I was surfing, I am very excited to continue to read on and learn how it is that you handle to young boys. I am a foster mom and waiting patiently to become a mom, without the word foster in front of it!