Saturday, September 8, 2007

Thank God for IKEA!

I went to IKEA today. You know there are those days when you need to take time out for yourself. I did that today. Something familiar that has a connection to home. It so reminded me of shopping with my family and friends in Emeryville...without the friends and family part. Even so, it made me think of home and it felt good.
So here is a picture of me in my IKEA apt. The couch, red pillows, candles and flower are all from IKEA. The magazines are "HOME" magazines from home.
My big purchase today were the candles and the blue rug. You can catch a glimpse of the rug at the bottom right of the picture. The candle holder is made from a brick I picked up on the way home today.
The picture frame was given to me by Costin and the picture inside of the frame is of Mom,Elisa and Dad. Elisa is Mai's cousin from Japan. The coffee table is a discarded window that Ann helped me confiscate when she was here and the blue tub is from Walmart! Eat your heart out HGTV.

Love and miss you all,
Debbie


No comments: