Monday, September 17, 2007

The Simple Things

Hi all,
I wanted to let everyone know that I am back home in the states. I just flew in late last night. I actually flew right into Modesto. Nice.
I am at my house and I am so thankful for the "simple things". Like airplanes that can get you home from far away and for a house to call home. And for things like my washer and dryer. In Romania, I use the bathtub and a clothesline. Although there are times when I do get to use some of my friends' washers. What a blessing. And well, nobody has a dryer. So, I can't wait for soft and fluffy ...yea!
I am also thankful for being able to see my family. Ok, so far I have only seen Bev and Ann, but I will catch up with the rest of my family today. I can't wait to hug them, laugh with them, share with them, see them. So "simple", but something most of us take for granted.
I plan to drop by my parent's favorite breakfast spot this morning and surprise them. I can't wait.
My mom's birthday is this month and it was one of the big decision factors in me coming home right now. Also, since I have to wait 30 days for my Romanian residency card anyway, I thought...why not wait at home?
Being in Romania has certainly taught me to REALLY appreciate the "simple things".

We can't make "time"... only God knows how much of that we have, but we can make the decision (with the time we are given) to spend it with the people we know and love.

Love,
Debbie

No comments: