Saturday, September 15, 2007

Another Visit with Nicolae!

I got to visit Nicolae again today. The visit was very short, but considering they said no at first, I am thrilled. I just kept asking. I said that I didn't need a long time and that I would be happy to be able to spend even a few minutes with Nicolae. I would even be fine with meeting right outside their apt. Plus I had pictures to give them as well. Some from Nicoale's birthday, some for Eforie(when we were at the ocean) and some from the boat ride. Carmen finally agreed. We, Carmen, Nicolae and I, ended up going to a park nearby...without a translator! I am getting better at understanding and speaking Romanian. It was a rough conversation for sure, but between Carmen's limited knowledge of English and my very limited knowledge of Romanian, we got by. It was great. We spent about 30 minutes at the park. Multumesc Frumos Carmen. Thanks for being so kind Carmen.

I worked at the hospital today too. Only 2 children left in the big room and 2 down in ICU.
I didn't go to ICU, but the two kids left in the big room are Florica and Larisa. Ionut and Aristita are now at the Luminita Foundation. It is a place for children with special needs. Please pray them. Aristita has been at Victor Gomoiu for a year now. She is/was doing so well. Now that she is at Luminita, I have to wonder what will happen with the attempts to get her the surgery she needs. I also am concerned on how she will adjust and how she will be treated. God protect her. It hurt my heart to see her not there today. Ionut doesn't do well at Luminita either. He just came back from there about 3 weeks ago. Please pray for these precious children.


Aristita


Ionut


Florica


Larisa

No comments: