Monday, June 23, 2008

Today's Medical appt. went very well.


Thought you might enjoy another picture of the boys.
Nicolae and Cristian having fun dressing up!

Today went amazingly well at the doctor's office. I had to get new medicals for the boys. The last time I went was in February. It took approximately 5 1/2 hrs. Today it took about 30 minutes!
I asked Nann, from ROCK, to go with me because I am not sure how competent my Romanian is. Oh should I say...I know how incompetent my Romanian is. Nann was happy to help out. She even drove us there. Yay! Riding in a car...hmmm. It has been a while.

When we got there the social worker/nurse recognized me right away. She was very nice. She commented right away about the boys too. She thought they looked great and happy. Who was I to disagree?

Anyway, Oana Clocotici, the social worker was so incredibly helpful. She asked if I had their medical papers from the last time. I didn't. Carmen and Ani had received that paperwork and turned it into the DPC. I never even saw their medical papers.
She didn't seemed to worried about it. She was sure that they had copies and left immediately to get them . It took maybe 10 mins. And get this; she even made copies for me to keep!

She then went to speak to the doctor about doing the medical exams for the boys. We might have waited another 5 minutes. The doctor was very friendly. He had been to the states before.
He chatted with Nann about Mexican food, Taco Bell, Oregon, Washington etc. He was great with Nicolae and Cristian too. He checked the boys breathing and heart and that was it. We talked some more and then we were done. No blood work, nothing.

Oana asked if I had the ... all important stamp needed for the medical paperwork... I did.
She came back a little bit later with the completed documents, signed, stamped and delivered. And that was it. We were done! It was truly amazing, especially knowing that the last time it took more than 2 weeks to get the results.
Even more amazing...they didn't charged me anything! Bev and I were of course thrilled. We went out to eat with Nann afterwards. It was a nice way to spend the next couple of hours. Beats sitting waiting for a bunch of doctors to poke and prod the boys.
So for all of you who have been praying. Thanks. Please keep the prayers coming.

FYI...Mr. Mocanu just called and said he checked the files at the courts today for me. Things are looking good. Yeah!

No comments: