Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Adoption Day! Two Years Today

I can hardly believe it has been two years since the official "Yes!" Looking at the picture of all of us standing on the court house steps brings back so many memories of the journey it took to FINALLY adopt Nicolae and Cristian. It also reminds me of all the people who made the journey with me. So many "simple things" and not so simple things, that so many of you did that made it all possible.

My family, who were always there for me, both physically and emotionally. To Bev and Teri especially! Thanks for going as far as even living in Romania to help make my dream come true. I am so blessed to have such loving, caring, and giving sisters!
And to Ann, Amy and Tomas. Thanks for making the trek to Romania as well. (and those trips to Greece and Paris)
You all are my strongholds. I so appreciate all you have done for me and still continue to do. Nicolae and Cristian are so blessed to have such a wonderful family!
And to my mom, Thank you for all the life lessons you taught me. I love and miss you so much!

Nannette, Auntie Nann, thank you for inviting me on this whole journey in the first place. R.O.C.K. Ministries was so much more than a summer missions trip for me. Thank you for all your love, support and help.

Julie, for being a great friend. For loving me and for loving Nicolae in the hospital. For making meetings happen and for caring enough to get involved. For being so supportive and helping so much in the "beginning of it all". Remember?

Alison, for the summer of visiting Nicolae and Cristian in their foster homes. Walking and walking, translating, and walking some more. For all your encouragement. For translating medical forms, for helping with Mr. Mocanu, Alina...etc. I so appreciate the time you gave of yourself to be there for me. Alison, Eu nu inteleg. Ajuta-ma din nou te rog!

Calvary Chapel Bucharest- My home away from home. I am so blessed to know all of you. You helped me in ways I can never fully express. Pastor Florin, Pastor William, Pastor Shane....THANK YOU! Our Tuesday talks, your support, your understanding, your encouragement, your help though out all of it. thanks.

Mr Mocanu-Oh my gosh! I could not have done it without you! It wasn't always easy. I mean... It was never easy, but you never gave up! Thanks for all the time, effort and love you gave. We are a family because of you! Thank you Radu!

Luminita- My neighbor and friend. God blessed me through you. I so appreciate the love and food :) you gave me throughout the years! Thank God you spoke English too! Mi-e dor de tine!

For all of you, too many to mention, who helped support me emotionally and financially, thank you!. Sandi and Tricia. I felt your love and support abundantly! and... the washing machine!!!! For every email! Oh my gosh.Some of you were so dedicated to that and it helped in ways you will never understand. I hold you all in my heart! Truly. You helped make it bearable, when there were times I didn't think I could make it.

Sara, Justin, Luiza, Karen and Beti, Shane, Randie, Brennan...you all so understand. Thanks for being there for me and the boys. You all have such a special place in our hearts.

I thank God for computers, phones and airplanes too. I used and needed them all.

I wasn't on this adventure alone. I am for ever grateful!

Again...Happy Adoption Day!

No comments: