Monday, October 6, 2008

Whooo Hoooo!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY!!!!!!! We finally got the passports for the boys today!
I wanted to show you how adorable their pictures turned out, but figured it might be best no to show all the information on the inside via my blog. God willing we will be home soon and then you can see them in person.(The passports and the boys!)
Teri, the boys and I went around 11 am to the passport office to meet with Mr. Mocanu. We left there around 4pm. It was a long day.
Well, because of course, we had troubles (I will spare you the details), but thanks to Mr. Mocanu and a very nice lady from the passport office, we got it all worked out. Praise God!
Which means, we are finished with the Romanian side of things!

Tomorrow,we will send off the last of the documents to the U.S. Embassy. Then, if all the paperwork is as it should be(which as far as I know, it is) it should be a very short time before we meet with the Embassy in Bucharest. After that, we should be on our way home!!!! Short: meaning another week or two.
I can hardly believe it actually becoming a reality. Today was one of the first days where I felt that this journey is almost over. Of course I am still "guarded", but it was so amazing to be holding the boys passports in my hands. We truly are a family now.
On Saturday, I saw their new birth certificates as well. To see my name as their mom was/is so surreal. Truly amazing.
Soon Cristian Jack Vaughn, Nicolae Thomas Vaughn and I will be heading home. Along with two very amazing Aunties....Teri and Bev!
For all of you who have been praying......"thanks".....
Love,
Debbie

No comments: