Monday, August 11, 2008

Nicolae

Last night at dinner, Nicolae was praying. He always prays for Maga(my mom) and Osita(my dog that I had for 16 years). Nicolae and Cristian used to both pray that God will help them not to be dead anymore.
Now they thank God that they are in Heaven with Him. His prayer was pretty much the same as ever other night, except for one thing....

A little insight first:
Nicolae has asked many times why God didn't let him see Maga before she died. I always tell him that I don't know, but that one day we will all get to see Maga again in Heaven if we have Jesus in our hearts and lives.

Well, last night he started asking again about how you get to heaven. He knows he wants to go there too, but how? He said I want this very much, but it is so difficult.

I explained that it really it isn't so hard. We just have to believe in God, trust in Him and invite him in our hearts. Then He will come into our lives and one day when we die we will live forever in Heaven with God.

He said that he wanted to do this. I asked him if he wanted me to pray with him and he said no...He could pray by himself. Which he did. It was so amazing.
The English version is something like this.

God, Please come into my heart and be with me. And please be with Cristian and Mom too. Thank you that Maga and Osita are in Heaven with you. Please be in my life and keep me in yours.
Amen.

Later when he was sharing with Bev on skype. He said, "Auntie Bev, at dinner I prayed to Jesus and then He just came right into my heart."

God is so good.

Nicolae, Cristian and I prayed again at bedtime. Nicolae thanked God for being in his heart.
What a precious and wonderful moment.
Please pray that Nicolae would continue to grow in Christ's love and truly understand what it means to be a child of God.
Love,
Debbie

No comments: